Friday, April 10, 2009

Galatians Commentary

It is clear to me that what is being delt with in the book of Galatians is the thinking of being saved by keeping the Law. I think Paul was scolding them for having a legalist attitude toward the Law by them keeping the Law for Salvation. I tell you the Truth, We are NOT SAVED by Keeping the Law. Only by the blood of Yeshua (Jesus). We should look at the Torah as a guide book or instruction manual to learn things like not having improper relations with a sister or mother, and not living in a moldy house and what to do if you get mold in your house, etc., etc. Never any Salvation in it, just instruction that is of benefit to us even today. As far as the Feasts, I think that we can look at them as Holi-Days, to remind us of what is physically and spiritually connected to them, not Saved by them, just a neat way to remember. Yeshua is Truly in all of them. We are only SAVED by HIS Sacrifice/Blood in our place and if we believe HE is the Son of God, Then our sins are forgiven. I feel much better, personally, by celebrating the Feast Days as a remembrance instead of Holidays of a Pagan origin. There should not be any arguments as far as my last statement, because anyone can go to Wikipedia and study out the origins of Xmas, Easter etc. Anyway, I think that I have been very clear for everyone to see, that I believe that WE are NOT Saved by keeping the Law..

John

No comments:

Post a Comment