Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ahaa Moments are Great!

Matthew 22:37 (NKJV) 37 Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets”


Truly and Ahaa moment for me....


The Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments, but they certainly don't negate the whole. Just because something is old or has been fulfilled doesn't mean it is not of any value, or that it is not worth remembering. Do we celebrate birthdays? If so, why? Hasn't that been fulfilled.. Of course, but a yearly remembrance is a great thing and should remind us of our beginning... Our Foundation.


I think that we should remember that when Yeshua (Jesus) spoke "It is Written" or when Paul was traveling spreading the good news, the New Testament was not even written. They were referring to the Law (Torah) and the Prophets (Neviim). When HE spoke the words "If you Love me, Keep my Commandments" (John 14:15), HE was referring to the Torah and HE also stated that HE "Did not come to Destroy the Law and the Prophets, HE came to fulfill and not one Jot or title shall in no wise pass till ALL be fulfilled (Matthew 5:17-20). I am pretty sure that everything has not been fulfilled yet, so my thinking is that all that is written in the Law and Prophets is still of value to us and maybe I should look a lot closer into it.


Call me a Legalist, some might. However, I Love Him and my sins are forgiven because of HIS shed Blood in my Stead. For this, I owe HIM my Life. I am not Saved by the works of the Law, this is for sure, but indeed we have need of the Teachings of the Law to help us build our foundation. A Strong foundation built upon Rock, cannot be easily torn down. We do well to realize that HE is the Culmination and Fulfillment of the Law, even though all is not fulfilled, yet... HE is THE ROCK, the Foundation of the Church and HIS Foundation was built upon the Teachings of the Law and The Prophets.


A lot more could be said, but I have just recently had a HUGE burden taken off of me and scales have dropped out of my eyes and I have a RE-NEWED want to Love HIM and do HIS will. I hope that you will be encouraged and I hope that you check your foundation and framework to make sure that it is Solid.


John

No comments:

Post a Comment