Monday, March 30, 2009

Through Hebrew Glasses

The following is response to a comment made by a friend concerning my note on "A New Thought".

I agree with you on the fact that we have traded the guidance of the Holy Spirit for a book that they didn't have if you are referring to the New Testament. However, they did have the Torah, Prophets and the Writings. I believe that Colossians 2:14 is misunderstood from the Christian New Testament standpoint. If we are going to understand Pauls writings, we must put on "Hebrew" glasses to read his words. Remember what Peter said in 2 Peter 3:16 concerning the writings of Paul. Look up all of the references and also remember that when he says "Scriptures" he is referring to the Torah, Prophets and Writinigs because at the time of his writing, that is all that they had to refer to. I also believe that in Colossians 2:14 the only thing nailed to the Cross from the Torah (Law) was the Handwriting that was against us... That is the Penalty, Punishment parts of the Torah because Yeshua (Jesus) gave Himself in our place.I think that we should remember that Yeshua said that HE did not come to Destroy or Nullify the Law and Prophets. Matthew 5:17. HE said that HE came to Fulfill and not one small letter would pass until everything be fulfilled. My thinking is that everything is not fulfilled until HE returns again and redeems us to Himself and then Destroys Ha Satan and all who practice Lawlessness (Torahlessness). I know that this is Bold and will ruffle some feathers but it is my belief. Please look up the word "Lawless" in the Bible and notice what it says in each passage and then do a word study on the words "Lawless" and "Lawlessness" and you will understand my words. I am going to post a note with a really good study on Colossians 2:14. I hope that you will study into this. I Love you Brother and I exhort you to Pray and Study these matters and I will Pray for you also, as I know that you will be Praying for Me.. Shalom, John

No comments:

Post a Comment